1/2 Photos of Warm German Potato Salad
From Gourmet magazine, October 1994.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan combine potatoes with salted water to cover by 1 inch and simmer until just tender, about 20 minutes.
- 2While potatoes are cooking, in a large heavy skillet cook bacon over moderate heat, stirring, until browned and crisp and transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- 3Drain potatoes and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- 4Cut potatoes into eighths and in a bowl combine with bacon.
- 5Keep mixture warm, covered.
- 6Pour off all but 3 tablespoons fat from skillet and saute onion over moderately high heat, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 7Add sugar, 2 tablespoons vinegar, and broth and simmer 2 minutes.
- 8Add onion mixture to warm potatoes with parsley and remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, tossing gently, and season with salt and pepper.
- 9Serve potato salad warm or at room temperature, garnished with parsley.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm German Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.3
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 401.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 9.4 g