1/2 Photos of Warm Egg Salad on Whole Wheat Toast
A great lunch and gets me in my groove.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon thinly slivered fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (or half mayonnaise-half yogurt) or 1/4 cup yogurt (or half mayonnaise-half yogurt)
- 4 slices whole wheat bread or 4 slices multigrain bread
- 2 large soft lettuce leaves
- 1Put eggs in a saucepan; cover with water.
- 2Heat to boiling; cover and removed from the heat.
- 3Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 4Rinse under cold water and carefully crack shells.
- 5Peel the eggs and cut them into chunks (do not mash).
- 6Combine the eggs with the onions, celery, basil, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- 7Add in the mayonnaise and gently fold together.
- 8Toast the bread slices.
- 9Place 2 slices on a cutting board; top each with a lettuce leaf.
- 10Spoon the egg salad on top; top with the remaining 2 slices of toast.
- 11Cut in half and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Egg Salad on Whole Wheat Toast
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.3
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 430.6 mg
- Sodium 671.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 18.8 g