1/3 Photos of Warm Cabbage With Pineapple and Peanuts
The Eat Caribbean cookbook says that green cabbage is a standard food throughout the islands and is used in salads and rundowns, fried with salt fish or steamed with carrots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- oil (for frying)
- 12 ounces peeled fresh pineapple, cored and cut into chuncks
- 1 onion, chopped into wedges
- 3 -4 teaspoons fresh rosemary or 3 -4 teaspoons thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon honey (only necessary if the pineapple is too tart)
- 12 ounces green cabbage, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat about a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet. Add the pineapple chunks to the hot oil, stirring so they don't burn ( you do want the pineapple to brown slightly).
- 2Add the onion, herbs and peanuts and fry for 2 more minutes. Taste the pineapple and add the honey if you need to at this time.
- 3Toss in the cabbage and sprinkle on a little salt and pepper. Stir for about 4-6 minutes until the cabbage is linghtly cooked. Then serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Cabbage With Pineapple and Peanuts
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.6
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 74.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 3.5 g