Recipe by Iowahorse
One of my aunts gave this to me,..where she found it I don't know, but it's very good.
- 8 ounces bacon, diced
- 2 large onions, diced
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the bacon until brown; add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Drain and set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, pepper, salt, ground mustard, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and dill on medium speed of mixer.
- Slowly add oil and blend well.
- Add bacon and onions.
- If too thick, thin with vinegar.
- Adjust the seasonings and serve within 30 minutes.
- Does not keep.