Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
After going to Mimi's cafe, I decided I needed to replicate their dip. And if you've ever been there and had it,you'll see that I did it.
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces artichoke hearts in brine (drain, and rinse)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese
- 7 ounces Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen chopped spinach leaves, drained well
- 3⁄4 cup of shredded romano cheese
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- In a large skillet add olive oil. Warm oil in pan, add in your diced onion, and garlic and add artichoke hearts. Cook until softened.
- In a blender add half of your cream, and set on puree, slowly add in your onion and artichoke mixture.Set aside pan.Thin out your onion mixture with half of your cream. Puree mixture until creamy. empty out your blender contents in the pan you set aside ,cook on low and bring to a simmer, add your feta and romano cheese and the remaining cream. Mix well,when it starts to get bubbly,stir in your well drained spinach.Cook 1 minute longer. Empty into serving bowl,serve with toasted french bread,or crackers.
Sorry, but this was not good at all. Mimi's tastes entirely different and sooo much better! I spent $30 on the ingredients at the grocery store when I could've just spent $9 at Mimi's for the real thing!