Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a simple walnut cake, similar to a pound cake, I think. The milk can be dairy or non dairy, any kind works.
- 200 g butter, softened
- 125 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250 g rice flour
- 100 g cornstarch
- 50 g potato starch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 300 g walnuts, ground
- 125 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees F (200 C).
- Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and milk.
- Combine flours, baking powder, xanthan and ground walnuts.
- Stir into wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into greased pound cake tin and bake at 390 degrees about 30 minutes.
- Let cool a bit before removing from tin.
- Cool completely on wire rack.