1/2 Photos of V's Crock Pot Bottom Round Roast
6 hrs 15 mins
After trying a variety of roast recipes, I decided that this combination of different recipes worked best for me. You can also add 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms to the onion and carrots if you like a mushroom gravy or some peas too. This just in: 9/8/8 - this recipe just won 2nd place in a Beef Roundup contest sponsored by Country Woman magazine and will be featured in the Feb/March 09 issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chopped onion and carrots in bottom of crock pot.
- 2Season all sides of the roast liberally with the kosher salt and ground pepper.
- 3Place roast on top of onions and carrots, fat side down.
- 4Combine mustard, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth and red wine in a separate bowl and pour over roast
- 5Set crock pot to low and cook for 3 hours.
- 6After 3 hours, turn the roast onto one side and cook for 20 minutes.
- 7After 20 minutes, turn the roast on the next side and cook 20 minutes, repeat until the roast has the fat side on the bottom again.
- 8Cook for about 2 more hours usually 6 hours total.
- 9The roast is done when it shreds easily with a fork.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for V's Crock Pot Bottom Round Roast
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.5
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 207.5 mg
- Sodium 760.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 77.8 g