Warm and Cozy Bottom Round Roast Crock Pot Style
photo by berry271
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a plate.
- Rub roast in oil.
- Roll roast in dry mix.
- Place onions on bottom of crock pot.
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Throw in remaining rosemary 1/2-1 hr before dinner to send the aroma once again through the house.
- With juice from roast I made a gravy to pour over top of sliced beef just before serving.
- I served with roasted potatoes, broccoli, and fresh made Italian bread.
- Leftovers were shredded for beef sandwiches the following day mixed with the gravy.
- *** I use fresh herbs when possible so measurements are approximate for herbs. Adjust seasonings to taste. I do not use salt and at times am heavy on herbs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was so easy and great tasting. My wife often complains that too many of my recipe choices have too much of a "kick" for her taste. This was a fanatastic balance of spices. The meat was fork tender. I too added about 1/2 cup red wine and turned the meat halfway through the cooking time. There was enough drippings to thicken on the stove (removing the large onion pieces first) to make a great gravy.
Just made this last night and it turned out wonderful. Didn't have the sage, but seemed good to go without it! Only other thing I changed was that I removed a good portion of the fat first, and added approx 1/2 cup of liquid consisting of red wine, warm water and a little Lipton mushroom soup mix. Turned it over about halfway through, and cooked on low for about 6 hours total.Very good, everyone had seconds.
Very Good and very easy. I made just as directed but used oregano instead of rosemary (funny about where I use rosemary) and added about a teaspoon of salt becaust it doesn't call for it in the recipe but I think it could have used more maybe 1 1/2 t. or 2 t. Thank you for the easy and delicious recipe.