Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I want to make this recipe but haven't yet. I took it from a community cookbook that I got at a book sale. It was posted by Fern Host. If you like, you can add Parmesan cheese, to taste. Serve on penne pasta.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, drained, seeded, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat oil and butter in pan.
- Add onion and saute for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan with the onion and simmer until all liquid is gone.
- Add vodka, whipping cream and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until thickened; season to taste.