- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄3 cups vodka
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee diced onions and garlic in butter on medium heat for 7 minutes. Add vodka and bring to boil then reduce to simmer and cook for 10 minutes on low.
- Add tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and half and half then allow to simmer for another 10 minutes on low to low medium heat.
- Finish sauce by adding chopped fresh basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- This sauce goes well with seafood, pasta, and chicken.