1/2 Photos of Vietnamese Peanut Sauce - Dipping Sauce for Fresh Spring Rolls
What's Cooking?'s Note:
I haven't tried this, but it's supposed to be a great dipping sauce for Vietnamese-style fresh spring rolls. I found it on the Kitchen Chick blog, and it is apparently adapted from "Foods of Vietnam" by Nicole Routhier. If you are gluten-free you can find gluten-free hoisin sauces made by brands such as Kame or Premier Japan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil and add the garlic, chili paste, and tomato paste.
- 2Fry until garlic is golden brown.
- 3Add the broth, sugar, peanut butter, and hoisin sauce, and whisk to dissolve the peanut butter.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 6Garnish with the ground peanuts.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Peanut Sauce - Dipping Sauce for Fresh Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.2
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 378.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g