I haven't tried this, but it's supposed to be a great dipping sauce for Vietnamese-style fresh spring rolls. I found it on the Kitchen Chick blog, and it is apparently adapted from "Foods of Vietnam" by Nicole Routhier. If you are gluten-free you can find gluten-free hoisin sauces made by brands such as Kame or Premier Japan.
- Heat the oil and add the garlic, chili paste, and tomato paste.
- Fry until garlic is golden brown.
- Add the broth, sugar, peanut butter, and hoisin sauce, and whisk to dissolve the peanut butter.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with the ground peanuts.
What a terrific recipe! I loved the flavor with egg rolls & will be making this again! I used sriracha sauce and splenda. Thank you for sharing this keeper!
Just made this, it is delicious taste just like a thai dressing I had in a seafood Resturant ,<br/>The only thing I substituted peanut oil with sesame it's just tasty.
This was the most amazing sauce!! I usually make my own, but used this recipe and it is a wonderful recipe, and easy too!