Recipe by Laila Zar
A signature dish by Chef Zamzam The savoury body of Marmite is tempered with the refreshing zest of fresh mint leaves. The addition of cili padi really awakens the senses. Crunchy bamboo shoots add a nice texture to the dish.
- 3 tablespoons vietnamese fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 bamboo shoot (sliced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 5 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 4 chicken breasts (cut into large cube)
- 3 -5 stalks mint leaves
- 5 -7 red chilli padi (lightly crushed)
- 5 dried red chilies
- 1 tablespoon marmite
- 1 cup steamed white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and sauté onions, dried chillies & chopped garlic over medium flame until translucent.
- Add chicken cubes & cook until almost done, stir frying all the time. Add a dash of fish sauce & keep on frying.
- Mix in sugar. Turn up heat, toss in bamboo shoots, red chillies, Marmite & finally the mint leaves. Stir well & remove from heat. Serve over steamed white rice.