Lime Iced Tea
- Ready In:
- 7 cups cold water
- 6 regular tea bags (I use lipton)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- lime wedge, for garnish
- ice, for serving
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags without squeezing( squeezing can add bitterness).
- While tea is steeping, mix the limeade and sugar in a 2 quart heat-proof pitcher.
- Pour the tea into the pitcher and stir. Add the other 3 cups of cold water and let cool, then chill.
- Serve over ice with a lime wedge on the glass.
Join The Conversation
Made your recipe as given, minus the lime slices & the ice! My other half adds ice just before filling up his glass, while I prefer more tea in my glass & no ice, so I guess he drinks the Lime Iced Tea while I just work on the Lime Tea! However we do it, it's great tasting stuff & the recipe, a keeper! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in the Best of 2011 recipe tag]