Great flavours & quick to make. Prep time includes the 1/2 hour marinating.
Make and share this Vietnamese Garlic Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 11 1⁄4 ounces steak fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin short strips
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 4 green onions, cut into long thin diagonal slices
- Combine the steak, oil, garlic, pepper and capsicum in a glass bowl- cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a wok until it is hot.
- Add the beef mixture and stir over high heat, sprinkling with the combined sugar and fish sauce, for 2- 3 minutes.
- Stir the stock and cornflour in a bowl to form a smooth paste.
- Add to the beef along with the green onions and toss for a further one minute.
- Serve with hot rice noodles.