Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My sister in law Kim gave this recipe to me. I serve it with tortilla chips or a light flavored cracker. It is so good that guests will fight for the last bite!
- 2 cups chopped vidalia onions (or other SWEET onion)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning (like Mrs. Dash)
- Mix onions with mayo,cheese and seasoning.
- Put in 1 1/2-quart dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes till bubbly.
I made this last week. I really, really liked the taste. But it was also very greasy, which I guess can be expected considering the mayo & cheese.
Excellent!! I used light mayo, and it was still great. Vidalias and swiss cheese go so well together. I will make this again. Thanx for sharing.
This is wonderful! I took a chance and used a red salad onion and it worked beautifully! It does have a mild flavor, not necessarily a sweet taste, but the recipe was delicious all the same! I upped the amount of shredded swiss to 1 1/2 cups. I will be serving this often, you can count on it! Thanks so much, Kay!