Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These delicious lavender cookies are a real treat--perfect for tea-time, or for serving out on the veranda with a pitcher of ice-cold lemonade! From The Spice House. Note: Icing amount as written is very generous for these cookies, feel free to reduce to one half or one quarter the recipe, as you like.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lavender, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 6 1⁄2 teaspoons rose water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, lavender, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Drop by teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- While the cookies bake, prepare the icing by mixing the powdered sugar with water and rose water. Drizzle over the cookies after they have cooled.
omg it was fantastic!! me and my friends most certently enjoyed it
I was unable to taste the lavender in mine. Perhaps my lavender is old? I will use 2 tsp. next time. A good buttery cookie.
Very good. I did add some vanilla extract to the cookie dough. I baked on Silpats and needed to bake about 12 minutes before the edges began to turn a light golden brown. The recipe made far more icing than needed...next time I will make only 1/4th the quantity of icing. Only a very light drizzle of icing is needed so that the lovely flavor of the lavender cookie is not over powered. Thanks for posting!