Recipe by vickiegon
After watching so many people cook Jambalaya in my lifetime I thought that there had to be a easier and quicker way to get that great flavor on a busy schedule. This is what I came up with on evening and my family fell in love and have shared with lots of friends. Enjoy!!!
Top Review by shayewils
Great easy recipe for a quick meal. It does not have the depth of flavor of a true from scratch Jambalaya but certainly is a great meal! I did need to add extra broth and time because my rice didn't cook well. And I used Emeril's Bayou Seasoning. The kids loved it!
- 1 lb chicken (cut into small bit size pieces)
- 1 lb smoked sausage (cut into bit size pieces)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 large green pepper (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 cups rice (long grain)
- 3 cups chicken broth (canned or homemade)
- 1 -3 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet (for browning the gravy only)
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (I use Tony's)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray with cooking spray a pan large enough to cook entire meal in one pan.(I use 4 quart pan) over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add in Sausage, onions, green peppers and garlic. (If your mixture sticks just add a tiny bit of water and stir.).
- Once onions are tender add rice, chicken broth, chicken bouquet and enough Tony's seasoning to your taste.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and lower temperature to low (1 or 2) and cook for 25 minutes. (Do not open lid until timer goes off.).
- Stir it up and serve with Green beans or side salad.
- I would love to know what you think after you have eaten. I have very picky eaters and this is a "Winner in my home every time".