1 hr 30 mins
Diana #2's Note:
I was introduced to this dish almost 30 years ago. It's still the only version (slightly different than others posted here) that I make. Very easy to put together, and superb comfort food. Even DH, that doesn't like onions nor leeks, loves this soup. I've always used cream, but I'm sure it would be just as good with lower fat milk. While we prefer it served warm, chilled is also delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, saute leeks and onions in butter until soft.
- 2Add broth and water. Bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until quite soft.
- 3Blend until smooth. This can be done in the same pot with a stick blender, or transfered to a traditional blender and pureed.
- 4Return the blended mixture to the pot (if you've used the traditional blender) and add the cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Heat on medium/low for 1-1/2 hours.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vichyssoise (Potato Leek Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.8
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 680.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 12.1 g