Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of those 'gotta try recipes' from the side of a Pillsbury Brownie Mix box. Seems relatively easy - and I can't wait for my husband to go out of town so I won't have to share it !
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, combine brownie mix, oats, and walnuts; mix well. Add butter, stir until mix is moistened. (Mixture will be dry.).
- Spoon pie filling evenly into ungreased 9- or 8-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle brownie mixture over pie filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Cool 45 minutes.
- To serve, spoon crisp into bowls. Top each serving with ice cream; drizzle with hot fudge topping.
- Store loosely covered in the refrigerator.
Reviewed for PAC Fall '07 ... I really had to tweak this to make it WW friendly (can't fall off the program, even for PAC!) But the recipe adapted beautifully, and I think the flavors are close enough for me to review this. I substituted NoPudge brownie mix for regular brownie mix, which meant using nonfat yogurt instead of melted butter. I threw in the oats, but left out the walnuts; I made my own cherry pie filling from a 'Zaar recipe. Left off the hot fudge topping and vanilla ice cream. Anyway, it's a delicious combination of deep chocolate and cherry, and the oats give it a nice crunch. I found it EXTREMELY sweet (and I have a first-class sweet tooth!), so a little went a long way. But I'd definitely make it again. I'm guessing that the original recipe would be very, very rich, but very yummy, and a real treat for anyone who loved a chocolate-cherry combination. Thanks for posting this!