1/1 Photo of Vermont Corn Relish
In mid to late August, when the corn is ripe and its coming at you at full-force, it is time to can some up for the long winter. This recipe can be adapted to add cabbage, or hot peppers, or grated carrots. I also added some hot red chile flakes too it you and your's enjoy the heat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix peppers, celery, onions, sugar, vinegar, salt & celery seed in 6-8 qt non-aluminum pot.
- 2Boil uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Combine mustard and tumeric. Blend with some of the boiling liquid from pot and then add.
- 4Return to a boil, 5 minute stirring occasionally.
- 5Pack and process in boiling water for 15 minutes.
- 6Be sure to check seals.
- 7Makes 10 pints or so.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vermont Corn Relish
Serving Size: 1 (4465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.5
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1463.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 40.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g