Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
A recipe I found on the internet that I have yet to try. It sounds like a really simple comfort food type of meal. I LOVE chicken so I would probably add in some to make a huge meal of it.
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces vermicelli, uncooked
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In 13x9x2" baking dish, stir together peppers, onion, mushrooms, garlic and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle w/olive oil: toss to coat evenly.
- Bake 45-55 minutes stirring occasionally until veggies are brown and tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package and drain.
- Heat broth on stove until hot.
- Remove veggies from oven; pour broth over veggies mixture, stirring until vegetables are coated.
- Toss veggie mixture and hot pasta. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Really great simple healthy meal. Light, but satisfying. After reading the other reviews I added lot more mushrooms. thanks so much for sharing this delicious recipe.
This was delicious. I did add more mushrooms because we love them. It was a huge hit at my house. I made this for PAC 2006. Thanks for the recipe.
I made this tonight with grilled chicken and it turned out excellent. I think next time I may use more mushrooms, and maybe substitute the green pepper for a zucchini or squash.