Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) package vermicelli
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat; stir/saute bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms 8 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, garlic, ¼ t. salt, and ¼ t. pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, next 4 ingredients, remaining ¾ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Decrease heat; cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare pasta in salted boiling water according to package directions; drain.
- Serve sauce over pasta; sprinkle with parmesan cheese.