Recipe by tomsawyer
This is a recipe from a really nice lady who grew her own rhubarb and would make these bars for us.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 1⁄2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients except filling, cut in the margarine until crumbly.
- Lightly press half to two-thirds of the mixture into the bottom of 9x13 pan, reserving the rest for topping.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with sugar then add the water and rhubarb.
- Cook, stirring constantly over low heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture over partially baked crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Continue baking for about 20 minutes or until bubbly.