This recipe was originally for beef round steak, but I've only used boneless venison steaks with it. If you prefer, you can thicken the sauce with cornstarch. The steaks become melt-in-your-mouth tender if you cook it on low and this is absolutely fabulous over mashed potatoes! From Company's Coming Slow Cooker Recipes.
- Stir first 4 ingredients together in bowl.
- Place steak pieces in 3 1/2 quart (3/5 L) slow cooker. Pour 1/3 of sauce over and between pieces.
- Sprinkle onion and mushrooms over top.
- Pour remaining 2/3 of sauce over all.
- Cover and cook on Low for 7-9 hours or on High for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.