Venison Swiss Steak
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 3 lbs venison steak
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 dash clove
- 1 dash thyme
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups Burgundy wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pound steaks on both sides.
- Add seasonings to flour. Dredge meat in flour mixture.
- Melt butter in large skillet or kettle
- Add steaks, brown on both sides.
- Slice onions and add to meat.
- Cook until brown.
- Add tomatoes, wine, Worcestershire sauce and garlic.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Cover and bake in oven 2-3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Last 5 minutes add sliced mushrooms.
- TIP: If using large cast iron fry pan or oven proof kettle (big enough to hold all ingredients) just cover and stick in oven. Saves on extra clean up.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my fur babies who I spoil rotten and in return they give me unconditional love. I have 2 cats and 3 dogs,? I just adopted a 13 yr toy poodle. Both cats were adopted also. All of them are very affectionate and very well behaved. I have been so blessed to have these? beautiful animals in my life.</p> 8726752"