Elk Green Chili Stew
photo by candymandy
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 35mins
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 14 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs elk meat, cubed
- 10 green chilies, fire roasted with skin removed, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup better than bouillon, beef bouillon
- Cook butter and flour in a deep dutch oven until flour turns light brown. Add water while stirring vigorously with a whisk. Then add chopped onion, minced garlic, cubed elk, chopped green chilis, and bouillon.
- Let simmer on med low for aprox. 2hrs. Let it cook down to an almost gravy consistency. Check to see if seasonings are to your taste, add salt and pepper if needed. Serve with flour tortillas, cheese, sour cream and salsa if desired and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!