Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This looks deliciously decadent, yet it's from Light & Tasty so it's won't break the calorie bank! I plan to make this for my brother's birthday this summer (he loves shrimp and fettucini).
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1⁄2 cup thinly slices green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook onions and garlic in butter for 1 minute.
- Stir in seasoning and cook 1 minute more.
- Add shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Combine flour and cream until smooth; stir into skillet, scraping up browned bits.
- Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat and stir in cheese just until melted.
- Return shrimp to pan and heat through. Drain linguine and top with shrimp mixture.
This was a hit! I also used non-fat half & half. It worked great -- sauce was nice and smooth. I used less shrimp but placed them on a bed of cheese tortellini and served the sauce over it all. I loved the little bit of "kick" given by the seafood seasoning.
This was wonderful! I used fat free half-and-half and it worked great! Thanks for posting!