Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good dish to serve as a side on a holiday or everyday occasion.
Make and share this Velveeta Broccoli-Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped broccoli
- Saute onion in butter until soft. Add cream of chicken soup, milk and Velveeta. Heat the mixture until the cheese melts. Add rice to the mixture
- Prepare the broccoli according to package directions. Add to soup mixture.
- Pour in a greased casserole and top with slices of Velveeta. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
I used 2 cups cooked rice. I don't use instant rice in casseroles.
This is good. If you dont have Velveeta you can use Cheese Whiz.
I enjoyed this, and so did my picky 5 year old. I followed the recipe with the exception of using 14 oz instead of 10 oz of broccoli, and I used a can of FF cream of mushroom instead of cream of chicken. I will make the same changes next time, as well as throwing in a small can of sliced mushrooms.
Pretty Good! I used 2 cups of instant rice and didn't top it with Velveeta. My son liked it so much he was willing to try the broccoli and he liked it!