Recipe by AWinPA
I have purchased a similar sandwich at Starbucks and Whole Foods grocery store. I am the avocado lover in my house, so when I make just one sandwich, I eat the rest to avoid wasting it or having brown avocado in my refrigerator. I can't say that I mind!
- 4 slices multi-grain bread
- 3⁄4 cup hummus
- 4 -6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 -6 slices tomatoes
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, sliced
- 10 baby carrots, shredded or thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, sliced (optional)
- 1 large avocado, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Add a thick layer of hummus to each slice of bread.
- Layer on additional ingredients (use half for each sandwich).
- Cut each sandwich in half and serve.
- NOTE: To avoid a soggy sandwich, if you are not eating this immediately, I like to wrap the lettuce, tomato, and cucumber in plastic wrap and the rest of the sandwich in its own plastic wrap. Blot your veggies with a napkin or paper towel and put it all together just before eating.