Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have purchased a similar sandwich at Starbucks and Whole Foods grocery store. I am the avocado lover in my house, so when I make just one sandwich, I eat the rest to avoid wasting it or having brown avocado in my refrigerator. I can't say that I mind!
- 4 slices multi-grain bread
- 3⁄4 cup hummus
- 4 -6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 -6 slices tomatoes
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, sliced
- 10 baby carrots, shredded or thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, sliced (optional)
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Add a thick layer of hummus to each slice of bread.
- Layer on additional ingredients (use half for each sandwich).
- Cut each sandwich in half and serve.
- NOTE: To avoid a soggy sandwich, if you are not eating this immediately, I like to wrap the lettuce, tomato, and cucumber in plastic wrap and the rest of the sandwich in its own plastic wrap. Blot your veggies with a napkin or paper towel and put it all together just before eating.
Very tasty! I couldn't quite fit all the ingredients on my bread but they combination was great. The hummus, avocado and tomato make this a very moist and filling sandwich.
I, too, got to eat all the avacado on this one, but DH and I agreed it was an outstanding sandwich. Very satisfying and quite filling. This will be a staple with a continuing variety of veggies!
Wow! I'm trying to be more health conscious, and this was a great intro. I added some garlic salt on the tomato and some pepper to the cucumber and a dash of cumin to the hummus. I can't wait to have another one tomorrow for lunch.