Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich
photo by gina917
- Ready In:
- 2 slices whole wheat panini style bread (or whatever flavor you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomato basil hummus
- 1 green lettuce leaf
- 6 slices cucumbers (skin on)
- 1⁄2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 slices red onions (optional)
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- Wash and dry lettuce and spinach and set aside.
- Spread each slice of bread with hummus.
- Lay lettuce leaf on one slice of bread.
- Top with cucumbers, spinach, roasted pepper, onion (if using) and tomato.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Top with other slice of bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I really loved this sandwich. Wanted something a little differant for lunch today and this really fit the bill. The only thing I did differant was use toasted wheat bread and no hummus as living here in Beijing couldn't find either of those. Since I had no hummus I did add a dressing made from yogurt, tabasco and a touch of mustard and it was greaat. I'll be using this recipe a lot as I've usually have all he ingredients on hand and sound so healthy. Thanks so much for posting. Made for PAC Spring 2010