Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband and I love homemade pizza! This recipe came about because I started to make the pizza dough and realized that I didn't have any tomato sauce! Being much too lazy and tired to go to the store I improvised with low fat ranch dressing! The experimental pizza turned out amazing and we have never since used tomato sauce on our pizza!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2⁄3 cup warm water
- 1⁄2-1 cup ranch dressing (just use the amount you would use if you used a tomato sauce)
- 2 -3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup frozen spinach (cooked and water squeezed out)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 of a red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 of a green pepper, diced
- another good topping idea is diced artichoke heart
- For Crust: Add water, yeast, sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add one cup of flour and stir in with a wooden spoon.
- add rosemary and mix well.
- gradually add second cup of flour (you may not need the whole cup) until it forms a ball. Knead dough.
- Let the dough rise for about 10 minutes.
- Roll dough out until it is the size of your pizza pan. This crust will be thin and crispy.
- Toppings: Spread desired amount of ranch dressing on crust.
- top with cheese and other toppings.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.
EXCELLENT!! Even if you use your own crust recipe, the topping suggestions are great.