Recipe by CooksInHeels
This is a real comfort food, best when reheated for lunch or dinner the next day. Will warm tummies and smiles on cold days.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- 1 ounce white beans, drained
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 cup small shell pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 zucchini, chopped (optional)
- fresh thyme
- fresh sage
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot boil water for pasta shells. Boil pasta until very soft.
- In a seperate pot, heat oil and butter in large pot.
- Add onion, cabbage, celery, carrot, and zucchini.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat until soft approx 10 minute.
- Add beans, vegetable stock, thyme and sage.
- Bring to boil and then simmer on low 45 minute
- Add pasta.
- Serve with Garlic Bread, best to reheat the next day.