Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
No Fat vegetarian zucchini stew with chick peas. I made this for my DH as he cannot have any fat in his diet.
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 250 g dried garbanzo beans (soak overnight)
- 100 g peas
- 1 potato, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- The cooking time is approximate.
- Boil or steam the carrots and potato.
- In the applesauce, gently cook the onions and peppers, then add all the other ingredients, including the potato and carrots.
- You can also add some pasta or rice to this dish.
- Cook slowly until all the vegetables are cooked.