1/5 Photos of Vegetarian Tortilla Bake
A recipe from nutritionist Tara Gidus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (or more)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or more)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned pinto beans, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mild green chilies, drained
- 1 (12 -16 ounce) jar salsa
- 12 wheat flour tortillas (8 to 10-inch)
- 1 (8 ounce) bag shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bag shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray; saute onions and peppers over medium-high heat.
- 3When the vegetables are tender, add the cumin, chili powder and the can of chopped tomatoes; simmer in the skillet for 5-10 minutes.
- 4In a large bowl, mix together black beans, pinto beans and chiles; mix in jar of salsa.
- 5Spray the bottom a 9"x13" baking dishes with cooking spray.
- 6Place two tortillas on the bottom of the dish. Spread one-third of the vegetable mixture onto the tortillas, then one-third of the bean mixture; then sprinkle one-third of the cheese on top. Repeat layering two more times, finishing with the cheese.
- 7Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes; uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and let stand five minutes before cutting and serving.
- 9Serve with fresh cilantro and a dollop of light sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Tortilla Bake
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.6
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 1423.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 25.2 g