Texas Tortilla Bake
Another one from Southern Living 1994.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce (mild or hot)
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 6 flour tortillas
- 6 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Placed crushed chips in a greased 9X13 baking dish.
- Cook, crumble, and drain hamburger and onion.
- Add next 6 ingredients and stir, cooking til bubbly.
- Spread 3 oz. cream cheese over half side of flour tortilla and then sprinkle a can of chopped green chilis over the cream cheese (can use more cream cheese if desired) Fold tortilla in half.
- Spoon 2/3 of beef mixture over crushed chips.
- Lay folded tortillas over meat mixture down center. Spoon rest of meat down center of tortillas.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese over top and bake for 5 more minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION