Chicken Tortilla Bake
This dish is even better reheated. You can jazz it up with salsa or peppers depending on your taste. It's mild enough that even "non-Mexican eaters" will like it.
- Ready In:
- 12 flour tortillas
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- In a bowl, combine chicken, chilies, broth, soups& onion; set aside.
- Cut or tear tortillas into 3-4 inch pieces and layer half on the bottom of a greased 13X9 inch pan.
- Top with half the chicken mixture and half the cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Everyone in my family loved this dish. It was quite easy to make, too. I used 8-inch flour tortillas, and 12 turned out to be too many (I used only about 8 or 9 tortillas). And I used a 7-oz can green chilies (instead of the 2 smaller cans equally 8-oz) and it was plenty "kick" for my family. This was a fantastic dish that I will definitely again. Thanks, Ouisey. Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef.
Don't know if I did something wrong but this turned out more like a stew. Thick but soupy. I actually served it in a bowl. I did use corn tortillas but I also made in the morning and let set till evening for baking. Flavor was good so I would try again and this time use the flour tortillas and see if that was my mistake.
This is so easy and very good!! I made the chicken mixture up in the morning using rotisserie chicken and only 1 can of chilies(I'm sure 2 can's would be much better, but because of two young kid's I didn't want it too spicy). It is also even better the next day. I also used corn tortillas. This is just as good as going out to dinner. Thanks Ouisey!! This is a keeper.