1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Tex Mex Bean Burritos
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
Quick and easy spicy bean burritos that the whole family will enjoy! Tex-Mex is a highly spiced and vibrant style of cooking that developed as an evolution of Northern Mexican cuisine. These burritos are fairly spicy with 1/2 tbsp chili powder and medium salsa. Feel free to increase the chili powder if using a milder salsa. I also use whole-wheat tortillas for extra fibre. These freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans, in tomato sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 64 inches flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (approx amount)
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (approx amount)
- 1/2 cup salsa (approx amount)
- 1/2 cup pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream (optional)
- 1In a food processor, process beans and seasonings until smooth.
- 2Spread out the 8 tortillas; add an equal amount of the bean mixture in the center of each tortilla.
- 3On top of the bean mixture on each tortilla, add a sprinkle of mozzarella and cheddar cheese, some salsa, chopped pepper, and sour cream.
- 4Fold tortillas up into burritos (fold the bottom third of tortilla over the filling; fold over both sides of tortilla; roll up to enclose the filling).
- 5Place burritos in a nonstick frying pan or electric frying pan over medium heat.
- 6Flip burritos often until golden brown.
- 7OAMC; To Freeze - For a quick snack or dinner later on, after finishing frying, place single burritos (or family size portions if for a family meal) into plastic storage bags, then place individual bags into large freezer bag and freeze.
- 8To re-heat - When ready for a burrito, pop it out of the bag and heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes on medium power. Or, for a crispier burrito, pan fry the burrito until warm the outside is crisp.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Tex Mex Bean Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.9
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 756.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 12.4 g