Recipe by CamilleB
Great way to use leftover mashed potatoes. Vegetables used can be swapped to taste. I made this up myself!
- 1 medium onion, slivered thinly
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized head broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or 1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (vegetarian)
- at least 1 cup mashed potatoes (can top with up to 3 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion, garlic, and carrot in 1-2tbs evoo oil until tender, then add 1 cup red wine (preferably burgundy) and reduce for 6-8 minutes simmering.
- Mix all remaining ingredients, and fill casserole dish. Top with the mashed potatoes. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes until lightly browned on top. Serve!