Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
A delicious loaf that's healthy too. Nice cold as well. You can use a mixture of any nuts such as almonds, cashews or hazelnuts etc. When I made the loaf I used a mixture of pistachio nuts and walnuts and that worked really well.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 225 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 425 g lentils, drained
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 50 g flour
- 50 g cheese, grated
- 1 egg, medium size
- salt & pepper, to taste
- fresh herb, a handful chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 190°C.
- Heat the oil and gently fry the onion, leek, celery, mushrooms and garlic for about 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the remainder of ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a loaf tin that has been greased and lined with baking paper.
- Bake 50 - 60 minutes, or until cooked.