Mystic Moon Pistachio Date Nut Loaf
A nice and easy to put together quick bread delicious as a morning coffee cake. No overly sweet yet rich with Dates Pistachios and chunks of chocolate.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pistachio nut
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate (broken into small chunks)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In a large electric mixer bowl cream together the tahini and brown sugar; add the egg and beat until smooth.
- Now add the flour mixture and yoghurt alternately, beating well after each addition, ending with youghurt. Add the vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add the Pistachios, dates, and bittersweet chocolate chunks and mix until well blended.
- Turn ito a greased and floured loaf pan and bake for about an hour at 350ºF or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes and then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation