Recipe by Studentchef
From a vegetarian website.
Top Review by domestic angel
I think this is a good recipe ..I myself like alot more spice but that you can add.I did not have green peppers so used red and must of cut my veg too small as in the cooking process they were gone but flavor still there..I will definitely use this again for my base jambalaya recipe
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, celery, green pepper, mushrooms in oil until tender; add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, water, rice, soy sauce, parsley, salt, paprika, cayenne, chili powder and pepper.to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream.