Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A hearty low-fat stew for the cabbage lovers.
- 1⁄2 cabbage, coarse chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper or 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- salt, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Vary the recipe by adding zucchini, mushrooms, or corn.
I liked this stew alot! The veggies went really well together and the final taste was really nice! I would have liked a bit more flavour, though, but thats just personal preference. Maybe some more thyme, another onion added in or some Italian herbs like rosemary or sage. I used fresh thyme as thats what I had on hand and savoy cabbage. I needed to add in about 1 cup more of water to get a stew like consitency. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing your lovely recipe with us, Chef MikeyW! Made and reviewed for the the Herb of the Month Tag Game in the French Forum.