Vegetarian Lentil Stew
photo by Marmies
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion (, about 2 medium)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups coarsely chopped potatoes (, about 2 medium)
- 1 cup dried lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Saute onions and garlic in oil.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; break up tomatoes.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
see 8 more reviews