Recipe by Yobittles
Extremely hearty and delicious soup, perfect for winter. It's also very lowfat and very nutritious.
- 3 cups water or 3 cups broth
- bouillon or broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, fresh is also good
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup long grain rice, depends on how thick you like your soup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon louisiana hot sauce (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger (or fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir all ingredients together in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until rice is tender (if using white rice).
- Puree all using a hand/stick blender (or use a regular blender) until the soup is the desired consistency and serve.
- Garnish with non-dairy sour cream and cilantro, if desired.