Recipe by gailanng
Recipe from Absolutely Avocados by Gaby Dalkin here at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Absolutely-Avocados-Gaby-Dalkin/dp/1118412117
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage (savoy recommended)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup finely sliced scallion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey (agave could work here, too, if you're keeping it vegan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the sushi rice according to the package directions. Transfer it to a large bowl. Cover the rice with a slightly damp kitchen towel and set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and cut the avocado into 1/2″ dice. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cabbage, red bell pepper, carrots, scallions and chives to the avocado and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and honey. Fluff the rice with a work. Add the chopped vegetable mixture and drizzle with the prepared dressing. Divide among bowls and serve immediately.