Recipe by Potagekempcc
T-Bones and Sierra Roja Wine are slowly simmered enhancing a rich flavor and the soup is finished with Fresh Red Swiss Chard.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs beef t-bone steaks (Boned & Medium Diced)
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 1 cup maui onion (small diced)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (small diced)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (small diced)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper (small diced)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper (small diced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (*Sierra Roja)
- 12 cups beef stock
- 2 cups yukon gold potatoes (medium diced)
- 2 cups roma tomatoes (medium diced)
- 2 ears fresh corn kernels (2-ears)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peas
- 1 cup fresh green beans (trimmed)
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (minced)
- 1 tablespoon winter savory (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 3 cups red swiss chard (Trimmed & Chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven heat 2-tablespoons olive oil. Season steaks 1-teaspoon salt, 1-teaspoon black pepper and cook rare.
- Remove steaks, de-bone and cut to a medium dice. Reserve T-Bones for soup.
- Add remaining olive oil, onions, carrots, celery, bell peppers, garlic, bay leaves, steak, bones and sauté 4-6 minutes.
- Add Sierra Roja wine and reduce by one-half.
- Add beef stock potatoes, tomatoes, corn, peas, green beans and herbs. Bring to a full boil and reduce to simmer for 20-minutes uncovered. Remove T-Bones, bay leaves and discard.
- Remove from heat, add Red Swiss chard, stir and let stand for 5 -minutes.
- Reseason with salt and pepper to taste. Serve soup in warm bowls.
- Garnish with fresh Rosemary.
- *Agua Dulce Winery, Agua Dulce, Ca.