Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious vegetarian dish, perfect alone or completed with a crisp green salad. Enjoyed by both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. Originally from Taste of Home's Light and Tasty, March 02.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti (whole-wheat works well)
- 28 ounces meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into 1/2 ",pieces
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook spaghetti, drain, and place in a large bowl; Add 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce, set aside.
- Saute zucchini and next 5 ingredients in oil until tender.
- Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in a 13x19" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Layer with half of each the spaghetti mixture, cottage cheese, vegetables, and mozzarella cheese; repeat layers.
- Cover with remaining sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 9: 1 serving = 3/4 cup 290cal, 6g fat, 36g carb, 4g fibre, 18g protein.
This was really good.. I skipped the zucchini because I'm not a fan. Next time I'll add less onion and more mushrooms. Thanks we really enjoyed it.
Delicious! Perfect comfort food! Made this for PAC 2006. Only changes made were using a bit of hot pepper flakes and using red peppers instead of green (because that's what I had on hand!!). Thanks Luv 2 Bake - this was a wonderful Sunday night supper!
Great recipe...didn't miss not having meat...I didn't have carrots so I omitted them and upped the other vegetables to make up for the cup of carrots...will try it with the carrots next time...I gave some to a vegetarian co-worker to try...I'm sure she will sing it's praises also!!! Thanx LUv2BaKE for posting!!!