Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This one is easy to make as it is done in a slow cooker. It is both hearty and filling.
Top Review by Miss Annie in Indy
Delicious veggie soup. I made on stove top and was done in about 35-45 minutes. Cut the tomatoes to one can and added cabbage and okra. Also cut back on the thyme (I don't like to much, is to overpowering flavor for me). Was out of frozen corn but it wasn't missed. This made a big batch of soup and tasted great on a winter day. I imagine it will taste even better next day after flavors meld overnight. Thanks for another great recipe NurseDi.
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans
- 2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves