Recipe by Nellydragonfly
I went to a restaurant in town and they had these scones and I searched for them on this website and liked one, but I changed a few things. I hope you enjoy them!
Top Review by Reiki For All Beings
This recipe might sound like a weird collection of tastes, but it is terrific! I took it to a function and had numerous people ask for the recipe. Thanks for sharing it!
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 7 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F. Saute onion in 1/3 cup canola oil, until brown. Let cool. Beat eggs until mixed well, blend in milk, sauteed onions and oil mixture. Add flour, baking powder, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Mix well. Stir in spinach, broccoli, and cheese. Spoon onto a baking stone or greased pan.
- (about the size of a medium biscuit). Bake 20 to 25 minutes.