Recipe by Carmen B.
This easily feeds 12 people so cut in half for a smaller group or double for a large group. You can add mushrooms, corn, string beans or whatever vegetables you'd like.
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill weed, divided
- 1 teaspoon celery salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons diced banana peppers (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; add rice.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the parsley, 1 teaspoons dill and 3/4 teaspoons celery salt; set aside.
- In a skillet, saute carrots, tomato, green pepper, onions, celery and banana peppers in oil until crisp tender.
- Stir in soup, milk, basil, thyme, pepper and remaining dill and celery salt.
- Divide rice mixture in half and place in a 12" by 9" by 2" baking pan.
- Top with vegetable mixture then other half of rice mixture.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until heated through.